Sorry, I cannot answer or care about any extension here at the web-site till we have war with Russia.
I'll be back when we win.
До перемоги над рашистськими загарбниками роботи на сайті припинені. (Або майже припинені.)
- Category: Joomla extensions
- Last Updated: 06 June 2013
- Created: 03 July 2012
- Hits: 8967
Warning! Article is outdated.You'll be redirected to the actual version.
- Automatically adds "Read more..." link after a configurable number of characters.
- Works on the Front Page optionally
- Extendable to be compotible with 3rd party extensions on the community requests
- Will not break HTML or break the article in the middle of a word.
- Preserves formatting (optionally) and fixes unclosed tags if php-tidy or php DOMDocument is installed at the server
- Configurable to ignore or to work for specific categories, articles
- Commented so that you may read through the code and add your own features if you like.
- Allows to place artilce images to the intro text to have your blog illustrated
It's a port of the famous plugin http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/article-elements/articles-summary/8665 for Joomla 1.5. Though I had developed the Joomla 2.5 version about three monthes ago I didn't want to release it as I did want to fork the original project. As for me, it would be better to maintain the original project. Unfortunately, I could not get in touch with the author of the plugin. I posted comments at his web-site, wrote to twitter, but I had never get any feedback.
So I arrived at a decision to release the plugin as a separate extension.
Most settings are self-explaining. If you meet some problems with understanding the settings, please ask me.
The translations may be added or updated with the flow of time. You can download the latest version here (no registration is needed) : https://webtranslateit.com/en/projects/3395-autoreadmore
Currenty available languages
The latest released version contains such language translations:
Translations may be updated by users and you can see between relese progress at this chart:
So the orange line (despite of 0% which can confuse) shows how many lines are translated, but are not proofreeded by someone who speaks the language. And green line and percents show how many lines are translated and proofreeded.
To help with translation, please, register at http://webtranslateit.com/ and help with the translation of the extension: https://webtranslateit.com/en/projects/3395-autoreadmore/project_locales
Translate at your website
Master translation files are placed at your web-site in folder: /plugins/content/autoreadmore/language/en-GB/
I.e. your locale (language) has code fr-FR. You have to copy files
Next you need to translate the new files.
How can I help?
- donate (please! :-)
- report bugs with detailed info (optionally provide akeebabacked copy of the web-site so I can test at my localhost)
- give nicely described ideas
- help with translations
Want a new feature?
You may place a feature request here in the comments. I'll add this to my TODO list(if it's acceptable). Earlier or later it will be implemented. I do my best, often update the extension, but I have limited time(time=money) to work on everything.
If you need a quick feature implementation, please donate. Recommended for reading.
Kolian Alcoholian hired me to redevelop the plugin for his web-sites. So he sponsored it.
Thanks, to the developer of the original plugin, surely.